-Nigeria President Muhammed Buhari has promised the southern regions Road and costal development.
-Buhari also did that the Igbos are not under-Presented in his government.
The Nigeria president Muhammed Buhari has spoked concerning the Road and Costal project which will kick off any moment from now. Buhari assured South-East stake holders that the new project will benefit every region of Nigeria, that is to say, including the Southern regions.
President Muhammed Buhari also said that the project is of a great importance to the economy of Nigeria.
Addressing Stakeholders from the Southeast region led by the Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, the President declared that 2nd Niger Bridge, the East-West Road and the Coastal rail project, are receiving utmost attention from his administration.
The President said counterpart funding from the Chinese government would substantially fund these projects, which when completed will improve the welfare, well-being and economy of the people in the Southern region.
According to PMB, He said;
"I know the Chinese are very competent in handling such projects and we will ensure that we get the money for the projects to take off. I thank you for articulating your demands and I want to assure that we are doing our best for the country. If we can stop people from stealing, then there will be more resources to put into projects that will create employment for Nigerians,’’
Addressing issues related to under-presentation of the south easterners in his government, Buhari said;
"I gave south-east four substantive ministers in the ministries of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Investment, Science and Technology and Labour.
"I gave south-east four substantive ministers in the ministries of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Investment, Science and Technology and Labour.
"Seven states in the North got Ministers of State and of the two Ministries headed by your sons, I cannot take any decision on foreign policy and investments without their input ,’’ he said.
The President also promised the leaders, comprising governors and ministers from the region, the President of Ohaneze, Chief Nnia Nwodo and representatives from the National Assembly, that he will visit states in the zone soon.
"I want to assure you that I came into government with a clear conscience and I will also leave with a clear conscience,’’ he said.
Meanwhile, Ngnaija.com has early reported that the Former Military President Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida on Thursday endorsed Chief Raymond Dokpesi for the position of the People's Democratic Party (PDP).
IBB made this known when Dokpesi paid a courtesy visit his residence in minna. He urged party faithful to use the convention to uphold the visionary ideals of the founding fathers of the party based on democratic tenet.


إرسال تعليق